Sunday, May 31, 2015

Wholly Holy

  So for a while I've been contemplating holiness. Mostly, how the western church has turned it into a list of "do nots" and sin management. However, in my contemplation I've come to what I feel is a better understanding of what it means to be holy.

  The Father, Son, and Spirit were holy long before there was sin to be managed. Holiness is being set apart for a specific purpose. Something created for unique reasons. Well, I think it's rather obvious the Trinity's uniqueness and set apart for a purpose of being love and others centered. Creating our beautiful universe. There was no sin to be holy from. The real purpose in my thoughts here though is us. We are holy. We were made holy. You were born holy...set apart for a purpose. When you walk outside of your design your acting in unholiness not just the list of "do nots" people like to throw around. Holiness is being yourself. Being fully yourself in your God created uniqueness. Stop stressing about all the moral rules people like to jab with. Just be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment